Lab #1 - Building the Aqua Prototype

May 21, 2009 at 2:32 AM

Use this discussion area to ask questions and get help on the first hands on lab, which covers building the initial prototype for the healthcare CRM application we have named Aqua.

May 27, 2009 at 4:29 AM

I downloaded the hands on lab project and tried to run it but I get the following error when I try to view the MainWindow.xaml designer

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at Infragistics.Windows.Helpers.SparseArray.ValidateIndex(Int32 index) at Infragistics.Windows.Helpers.SparseArray.GetItem(Int32 index, ICreateItemCallback createItemCallback) at Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.MainRecordSparseArray.GetItem(Int32 index, Boolean create) at Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.RecordCollectionBase.get_Item(Int32 index) at PatientExplorer.View.EDPatientsListView.xdgEDPatientsList_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Richard Carlin\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Aqua\Lab01\Source\Complete\View\EDPatientsListView.xaml.cs:line 30 at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs) at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e) at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent) at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root) at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget) at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget) at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(ICompositionTarget resizedCompositionTarget) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize() at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled) at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

I am using the latest 2009.1 WPF with service release.  I also get an exception if I try to run the project.

Your video also piqued my interest in the WorkspaceItemsControl.  It seems the control is defined in the IG.CRM dll.  Is this going to be a control in a future release of infragistics wpf?  If not will the dll be made available to commercial developers?

Jun 2, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Hi,

I can't seem to add reference to IG.CRM.dll using my VS 2010 Beta1.

Error message shown below:

Error 1 Unknown build error, 'Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\AQUA\Lab01\Source\Bin\IG.CRM.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)'  

Jun 9, 2009 at 3:09 AM

Is this a compile error or just a XAML exception?  With VS2008, it is possible that you won't see the usercontrol, only an exception.

Jun 9, 2009 at 3:10 AM

I haven't tested with VS2010 yet, but I will get to that this week.  It is possible there are going to be some issues.  Stay tuned.

Jun 12, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Are there any plans on demonstrating the use of the Ribbon control in this MVVM application?

Jun 15, 2009 at 10:44 PM

The Ribbon would definitely have a place in the entire application but for the screen developed for the application we did not use a Ribbon.  So no plans at the moment for including the Ribbon in Aqua.

Jun 22, 2009 at 7:05 PM

Is there any way to format the expand buttons on the original view?  They are not visible until they are docked.

Jun 25, 2009 at 9:33 PM

I am having problems as well. The app is bombing out on conn.Open in the Data Services.

Is there some kind of SQL Server requirement to read the files?

Jun 29, 2009 at 5:03 PM

@ bigbadvd37: The expand buttons only have meaning when we Maximize a view.  They do not show up in the normal view of the items.  So you will never see them show up there by design.  Are you referring to the Maximize button on the normal view?  The Maximize buttons for each item can be formatted to suit your needs. 

Jun 29, 2009 at 6:12 PM

@dhardy123: What is the inner exception that is being thrown?

Jun 29, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Hi Sand311,

I was able to solve this by installing SQL Server 2008 Express. It is now working for me.

Thanks

Jun 29, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Sand311,

Yes sorry I mean the maximize buttons.  How would I format those?  Also, can I format the header background as well?

Jun 29, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Tomorrow night we will be posting an updated version that has the XAML style points and artwork.  After we do that, I'll trim down a sample later in the week that has some variances.  But with tomorrow source code posting, you'll have it all there.

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:50 AM

I've been attempting to compile the latest code for the AQUA CRM prototype. The code looks great and nearly all of the modules build straight off.

However when I try to build the Aqua module I get the following missing licenses exceptions:

Error     12         Exception occurred creating type 'Infragistics.Windows.Controls.XamTabControl, Infragistics3.Wpf.v9.1, Version=9.1.20091.2023, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb' System.ComponentModel.LicenseException: No license information found     C:\MVVM\HealthCare\Aqua\Properties\licenses.licx         1          Aqua

Error     13         Exception occurred creating type 'Infragistics.Windows.Controls.XamCarouselListBox, Infragistics3.Wpf.v9.1, Version=9.1.20091.2023, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb' System.ComponentModel.LicenseException: No license information found     C:\MVVM\HealthCare\Aqua\Properties\licenses.licx         2          Aqua

I am using an evaluation copy of Infragistics NetAdvantage for Web Client 2009 Vol. 1.

What can I do about this. Can I get a better licenses.licx?

I would be grateful for any help.

Regards

Jul 24, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Hi Bruce - do you have NetAdvantage Win Client WPF controls installed?  That is where this error appears to be coming from.  The license file for the XamCarouselListbox is missing.

Jul 25, 2009 at 4:29 AM

Thank you jasonberes, in my haste, being a pressured web developer, I had downloaded the NetAdvantageWebClient. I have successfully compiled and signed on and am looking forward to exploring Aqua.

Kind Regards

Bruce Bissett | Contracting Senior C# .Net Analyst Programmer – Microsoft Certified (MCAD, MCTS WCF 3.5) - Dotnet Services Pty Ltd

(61-2-9955 8595|8bisse@msn.com.au

Aug 28, 2009 at 8:08 PM

I am having a problem here:

public TCollection SelectCollection(CommandCriteria criteria)
        {
            DataServiceQuery<TQuery> service = this.GetCollectionQuery(criteria) as DataServiceQuery<TQuery>;
            var source = service.Execute();

return this.MapCollectionQuery(source.ToList());
        }

The error I get is:

An error occurred while processing this request <- this error is on the service.Execute()

Any ideas?

Aug 29, 2009 at 12:41 AM
dhardy123 wrote:

An error occurred while processing this request <- this error is on the service.Execute()

It looks like it has a typo in the request  http://127.0.0.1.:54329/Services/MedicalDataService.svc/Admittance()?$filter=(TimestampIn ge datetime'2009-06-25T00:00:00') and (TimestampIn lt datetime'2009-06-26T00:00:00')&$expand=Patient, Complaints, Staff, Tests

Notice the extra period after the ip address 127.0.0.1.

Aug 29, 2009 at 2:59 PM
Edited Aug 29, 2009 at 3:00 PM

<Window
xmlns=http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation
 xmlns:x=http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml
 xmlns:vm="clr-namespace:PatientExplorer.ViewModel"
 xmlns:view="clr-namespace:PatientExplorer.View"
 xmlns:d=http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008
xmlns:mc=http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006
 mc:Ignorable="d" xmlns:igEditors=http://infragistics.com/Editors 

xmlns:igPanel="clr-namespace:IG.CRM;assembly=IG.CRM"
 x:Class="PatientExplorer.MainWindow"
Title="{Binding Path=DisplayName}" 

Height="768" 
 Width="1024" 

WindowStartupLocation="CenterScreen">

Hi there the bold line above is missing from the Lab 1 example.
Mark
Aug 31, 2009 at 4:08 AM

I posted an updated version of the Aqua source code tonight, which has additional options vs. the REST based services.  Give it a try if you have had any issues running the project.

Thanks

Jason

Aug 31, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Is it posible to provide an SQL 2005 database?

Mark

Aug 31, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Jason,

how or where does the Infragistics.Windows.Tilepanel.dll come from? Is the source code provided for this?

Sep 3, 2009 at 12:00 AM

I am interested in the dll too.  Can you use it if you already have a infragistics subscription and license?

Oct 3, 2009 at 4:26 PM
Edited Oct 3, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Hi, I am getting following error when trying to run the application:

Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Infragistics.Guidance.Aqua.DataClient.Common.IRepository`1[Infragistics.Guidance.Aqua.Model.Admittance]", name = "AdmittanceRepository". Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Infragistics.Guidance.Aqua.DataClient.Data.EntityRepositories.AdmittancesRepositoryEF, AdmittanceRepository]) failed: Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 150. (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3)

Let me know if anyone has got this error before. I am using ADO.NET Entity Framework and have updated app.config for ADO.NET Entity Framework. Any help is highly appreciated.

Also, when i use ADO.NET Data Services, the below code throws an error:

private void InitializeContainer()this.repositoryContainer = new UnityContainer();UnityConfigurationSection section = (UnityConfigurationSection)ConfigurationManager.GetSection("unity");this.repositoryContainer);

The error is:

The value of the property 'type' cannot be parsed. The error is: Could not load type 'Infragistics.Guidance.Aqua.DataClient.Data.ServicesRepositories.AdmittancesRepository' from assembly 'Infragistics.Guidance.Aqua.DataClient'.

Any help?

Thanks.

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:58 AM
They do not show up in the normal view of the items. So you will never see them show up there by design. Are you referring to the Maximize button on the normal view? The Maximize buttons for each item can be formatted to suit your needs.
Thanks
DietKart - Health Care and Nutrition